RCU Forums - View Single Post - SV-26 prop size ?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SV-26 prop size ?

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

Why the 18x6? That usually spins about the same as a 16x8. I told Mike that I was going to use an 18x6 and he said to use the 18x8 as this engine makes more torque than a G26. Just what I was told by the importer.
The 18X8 is a little to big for a 26cc engine and creates to much of a load on the engine. Ive seen the 18X8 prop used on cowled in engines and in the hot summer months the engine will over heat from to much load on the engine. The props that I mentioned seem to give the best performance. The brand of prop is another whole story. Everyone has their own prop brand they like. I prefer XOAR. IMO I have yet to see a 26cc engine that could out perform a Zenoah G26. The G26 I bought from Ralph Cunningham at RC Ignitions would spin an APC 17X6 at 9700 rpm new right out of the box. That's pretty impresive. There are other 26cc gassers out there that are pretty nice and have good reviews but the Zenoah engines have been around for ever and have proven themselfs to be good dependable long lasting engines.