RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vertical climbing tank/rover
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 05:43 AM
Ralph E Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertical climbing tank/rover

DBCherry...
I sincerely appreciate your time in responding to my rather unusual endeavor. Being the rookie RC'er that I am, I was wonderng if by chance I'd have to go the next step of utilizing a 4-prop, 9" x 6 pitch pusher. If by chance you can tell me what size engine I might require and what thrust I can expect (roughly), it would be most appreciated. Price (within reason) is really no object. Naturally, I'll have to go with a larger tank/rover unit to accommodate the larger prop/engine, & possibly a gyro to boot (?). But if it can be done, I CAN DO IT!!! (with you pro's help, of course). OOPS!!!... just looked at the Tower Hobbies APC 9x6P 4-blade prop (stock# LX1634) and find it is a tractor rather than a pusher prop. Any help in finding what I'm looking for would certainly be appreciated (wearing out that word, eh?) I am NOT a "giver-upper" and will overcome this obstacle (I hope!). Incidentally, tho some trees are indeed grossly congested, my prospective unit can simply NOT be used on such. But then there are the grand old wide-open oaks (5'-10'+ at the base) which my little concept could earn its weight in diamonds/platinum (almost). As I say, I've fantasized about such a unit over the years, and uh, as we speak... well, I'm getting a bit turned on and gotta go (yukyuk)... ANY input from ANYONE on overcoming my obvious physics problems will be appreciated!!!!!... & rewarded!!!

Cordially, Ralph E Boy in need of knowledge!