RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pay It Forward Build Thread!! Sig LT-40 build
Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 AM
jedorme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pay It Forward Build Thread!! Sig LT-40 build

I just found this thread - I'm a beginning RC flyer looking to build my first kit airplane. I've assembled and flown 2 RTF's, a Hobby Zone Super Cub, which I can fly on my own, and a Hangar 9 Alpha 60, which I am flying with my club instructor (about 15 dual flights so far, no solo). The Alpha flies fast most of the time, unless I slow it to the point of worrying about stalling. So I would like to get more building experience (I took the Alpha completely apart - removed everything I could and reinforced or reinstalled with more bracing, foam packing, lock tite on screws, etc.) and also end up with more of a basic trainer type of A/C. I've selected the Sig Kadet LT-25 due to its' laser cut parts and slower flying trainer capabilities, so this thread has become invaluable to me. My only fear now is the covering part, because I haven't really done anything like that - just used an iron frequently to remove wrinkles or patch some small holes or tears in the Alpha skin (the original engine, an Evolution 60 wouldn't transition between low and high speed idles without stumbling or stalling, and my instructor had to dead stick it about 10 times, with some minor injuries when unable to get back to our runway, so I replaced it with an OS 60 FX and all is well).

I see where others have been looking to get this thread in a PDF or Word file. What is the status of that and can anybody tell me if it can be downloaded without my having to do it myself on a page by page basis? Any other thoughts or suggestions about the LT-25 would also be appreciated. But I just want to express my profound thanks to RCKen and all others who either created or participated in this amazing thread. What a find for a new guy (actually an old retired guy at this point) like me. I fly in the CA desert in the wintertime, and we travel in an RV during the summer, so I am running out of building time (not much room in a coach for anything other than my Cub I'm afraid). Thanks again to you all for this information and guidance.