RCU Forums - View Single Post - CAP 10C problem
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 AM
jdhughen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CAP 10C problem

Bax,

No it's NOT an end point problem. As I mentioned, in the test that I ran I adjusted all the end points to 100% ea way on all channels in my "test" model. The R617FS works fine on all channels. The R6014FS only works with Ch 1 and 2, 3-14 will not activate the NES-791. I brought home a scope from the office today and hooked it up. I was surprised to find that the R6014FS is only putting out around 2.75 volts pp on ch 3-14. I thought my 2 were both broken or defective. But I did some more searching and found that this NON STD condition was appearently designed into the R6014FS by Futaba in all their wisdom and has created problems with other modelers using equipment requiring the industry 3v std. I guess I'll have to spend more money on line amps to get this over priced receiver to work with STANDARD equipment.

It really gets me when companies do stuff like this, for what ever reason. It smacks of "we don't have to cause we're bigger than anybody else and if you don't like it tough" attitude you see these days from companies with to big a market share. You would think that futaba would atleast put on the front page of the instruction sheet is big red letters

THE R6014FS RECEIVER DOES NOT PUT OUT STANDARD SIGNAL VOLTAGES ON CHANNELS 3-14 and may not work with some STANDARD servos/equipment from other manufactures that use the industry 3.0v STD.

And supply line amps for compatibility for users that need them.

Unfortunately I allready have a significant investment in futaba equipment and I'm stuck or I'd be looking elsewhere.

PO'ed in SC

Joel