RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Associated may ruin CORR r/c
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
ArancioC5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Associated may ruin CORR r/c

You know I really admire ae for what they have done over the years to stay on top of the game but last night I was thinking about how they tend to take the "fun" out of this hobby. Yes I own a Slash, and NO I am not jealous of the SC10 because I could own one faster then you can reply to this thread. I just really love the Slash because it is the most fun I've had with R/C in a long time. I'll even say I enjoy driving it a little more then my $1,000 modified Savage Flux. Go figure.

Besides the fact that it is really fun bashing it, or shall I say doing my best to break it but fail 99.9% of the time, it makes a great racing class. It's a FUN class, run a few races, or even with your friends and kick back a few beers when the batteries drain. It's also cheap fun, which in this economy is refreshing.

Enter the SC10 (sc8 is another story), the second it dropped for sale I felt like ae didnt understand what fun is anymore. Don't you think Traxxas is fully capable of making a track special truck that could dominate? Sorry ae guys but Traxxas just chooses not to at this stage in the game because they have unlimited funds for r&d to make a world beater truck. That however was NEVER the point to the CORR truck/ Slash concept. Why do other companies just not get it? They did the right thing by making it look great and very scale, but beyond that they missed the boat completely.

I'm sure many of you will buy one and think it's great but honestly it has zero character and you might as well just buy a T4 and get the better equipment. Losi might follow suit and make an even "better" "CORR" truck that looks scale but does not drive very scale which is where the REAL fun was with the Slash. This is how R/C cars/trucks went from looking scale in the first place with Tamiya and Kyosho (as 2 examples in the 70's and early 80's), and were made to be super trucks that began to look deformed when Losi and ae began making "better" trucks/cars. The cycle is starting all over again and this time around it hardly had a year to settle in...

I think it's rediculous, and ruins the fun. Such a shame.