RCU Forums - View Single Post - LST XXL body structure?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 09:30 PM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LST XXL body structure?

ORIGINAL: 01s0uljah

I'm a Savage guy and ive been looking at the XXL to play with this summer.. I just realized after looking at pics of the XXL that the body structure is built ontop of a flat body plate instead of the Twin vertical plates like my Savage. How durable is this? My previous experiences with my on road with the 1 flat body plate is that it bends and folds up if u hit a wall or soething similar..

What are your Losi experiences with this? My savage is strong as hell after running into walls at decent speeds without minimal bends and damages.

How exactly does the transmission work on the side? My savage has a square and even transmission that sits dead in the middle of the body..
actually, its not technically a flat plate. A truggy or buggy is a flat plate chassis. The LST xxl (and other lst's)has a main chassis plate, mounted on top of thick braced plastic side plates, with aluminum plates underneath sandwiching the plastic parts,... very stiff and very strong.... Most components are mounted to holes in the top plate in such a way that they extend below it (bot not below the lower plates)

The way the engine and tranny are mounted, the main weight of the engine is dead center on the chassis, the two speed is off to the side of the chassis for super easy access (along with the clutch bell, easy access) with the transmission mounted in the center of the chassis... truggys and other monster truck with they could have this great of weight distribution

As for the radio, I love it.... Apparently some of the DX3S's got their roller switch mounted at the wrong angle, so they can break, but if it does, spektrum will fix it at no charge, and you shouldn't have a problem after that. The telemetry is definitely my favorite feature... The best part for me is that I can see the RX voltage right from the radio... the top speed and temp are cool too.... I used to have a futaba 3PM fasst (sold it to help fund the XXL)... The build quality seems about the same to me, but the Spektrum is more comfortable to hold.. its way lighter too, due to having only 4 AA'as for power not 8, which is a big part of the reason people think the futaba has better build quality,,, its heaver so "must" be better quality..... Its great too to have all the features in a single list made up of real words, instead of having to scroll through sometimes cryptic 3 letter abbreviations....