RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Associated may ruin CORR r/c
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
ArancioC5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Associated may ruin CORR r/c

yeah that can be done, but what I am saying is that some companies just miss the point and end up hurting the hobby in the long run. Think about it, the more people in this hobby, the more volume of sales the cheaper the parts etc etc. I know 100% for a fact that this hobby is extremely intimidating to most because of the cost and the pressure to have the "right" stuff/ kits. It's great for those already in the hobby, but does not promote any growth. The Slash was like the second comming of the Tamiya Grasshopper because it is cheap, fun, and "hobby grade" enough to get people in the door to a hobby they never imagined to be so involved.

tell me, what was the point of making the sc10 look more scale then the slash, but make it handle like a sports car? What is the sense of that? They did not get why we love the Slash one bit, because I dont have fun looking at it with it's wide fenders. It is all about driving it. We all know the Slash will still be here, but it drives me nuts when Associated thinks they have done something great, when in truth all they have done was cop out.

I'll say it again, if Traxxas wanted to build a CORR truck that would out scale, out handle and outlast the SC10 they could do it in a second. Racing is not what fills their bank account faster then selling rtr, so why go racing just for bragging rights? They are the reason this hobby still tics.....and I hateeee admitting that because I used to dislike Traxxas but give them due credit. Just when the hobby was having some fun, someone had to make it more serious then it needed to be. So stupid.