RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Associated may ruin CORR r/c
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
ArancioC5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Associated may ruin CORR r/c

Yeah Chris, see it's the fact that the class has become so competitive that kills it. For example, I'm trying to get my 8 year old son into this hobby and show him that it only LOOKS intimidating but the first time we get a chance to let loose and let the newbies race, it gets too competitive. The Slash is the basher that you can take to race on a saturday at your LHS and go home and beat the hell out of it again and that is the magic of the Slash success story.

Soon you will see people trying to make their sc10 do 90 mph with an lrp neo sphere, and buy a new set of tires for every race, and Ryan Cavaleri (however you spell it) will be racing it against Adam Drake and his Losi variant and then they will say " it needs to be wider, it needs to have adjustable droop settings, it needs a new body because the scale one isnt aerodynamic enough, dish wheels make me faster then the scale-ish KMC wheels."

Get my point? CORR racing is not about that stuff, and honestly it does a dis-service to what CORR represents, not to mention is a geek approach to what is like moto cross on 4 wheels. It's awesome when it's out of control and crazy. The SC10 handles so well that you wont knock into anyone anymore LOL. "Please don't scratch my KMCs!"

Seriously, they officially ruined good fun. AE go out and make a kit with a toyota corolla body but it handles like an Audi Lemans race car... keep up the scale work