RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Associated may ruin CORR r/c
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Associated may ruin CORR r/c

I obviously haven't driven an SC10 yet, or even seen one in real life for that matter, but the few videos I found of the SC10 running still made it seem to me as though it acts pretty scale. The rear end still slides around corners under power, it jumps similar to a CORR truck, and it's acceleration and braking seems pretty close. The Slash may be a little "crazier", but that doesn't mean the SC10 doesn't act at all like a real CORR truck. Now, as I said, I'm forming these opinions based on watching the handful of SC10 videos on YouTube, but I think watching it on YouTube has got to give a decent look at what the truck is going to drive like.

If I had to buy one I'd buy the AE, but I'm not a fan of Traxxas products. I had my hands on a Slash the 4th day they were out and I wasn't at all impressed, I had the complete opposite reaction as most people seem to. To me it looked like a Rustler and a Stampede had a deformed baby; nothing new about it at all. However, I know the SC10 is basically a T4 with several modifications so their is no real difference in that respect. Anyhow, the Slash broke several(at least 8-12) parts within 4 battery packs of runtime!!! It didn't jump well at all, not even close to how a real CORR trucks jumps, and well it just sucked. The guy that bought it gave up on RC, because he was so disappointed with it!!!!! It was his first RC and I'm pretty sure he's sold his Slash and his RC accesories(I haven't seen him in quite a while)!!

I don't think their is anything wrong with the SC10 coming out, and I definitely don't think it's going to "ruin" things or take the fun out of the Short Course RC craze. It just means that those who want to modify and step it up in their Slash's will have at least one other truck to compete with out there. I have a feeling all of you Slash guys would eventually get tired of racing all the same stuff all of the time. It'd get a bit monotonous to me at least. Those who are die hard about the Slash can still keep running in their spec classes and all will be fine.