RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Associated may ruin CORR r/c
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Associated may ruin CORR r/c

I sold my slash to buy an SC10 just to try something different. I am waiting on my radio to arrive but the SC10 is defiantly a lot more complicated to put together. I am curious to see how the transmission handles the exelorion brushless I am going to throw at it.

The SC10 tires look like they are much better than the Slash ones, but cant compare yet since I haven't driven it.

I think the Slash bumpers look to be more stout and will more than likely keep up with the major bashing, but again cant confirm that.

I wonder if the body holes line up between the cars, a fabtech or amsoil slash body would look cool on the SC10. I wished that AE would have given an option for different finished bodies instead of a clear one with AE stickers. The clear body is no biggie but it would be cool if you could get them to come with bully dog or other sponsors stickers too then you can choose what you want.

There were some weird things about the SC10 kit, first there were some metric and sae screws which blew my mind. Granted not many were metric but still having both is nuts. Same as others the rear wheels needed larger holes to fit the axles. I found the wheels a pain in the butt to glue the tires in how they were designed with two different diameters on either side. That imo was silly to do the same thing as traxxas did. Its also very odd that there are two different sized wheel nuts. That imo is kind of a head scrather.

Overall I am sure the SC10 will be a better performer and I just hope it does better on pavement and grass where the stock slash was at its worst.