RCU Forums - View Single Post - Used Tx buying tips and 9c as entry to 2.4GHz
Old 04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Albatross1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Used Tx buying tips and 9c as entry to 2.4GHz

Hi Guys,

Great comments, thanks for the guidance. I hadn't thought the car guys would buy up 72 MHz units, that is a concern. I also really like the idea that it would be a flex arrangement whereby I could use both systems just by changing modules. I also love the idea of not having to worry (much) about glitching or external interference.

Can you tell me a little about the practicalities of the 2.4 receivers. Could the 2 antenna be run in a fiberglass fuse for example (not carbon fiber though)? How long would the antennae be? The one that has me scratching my head is the one perpendicular to the plane's longitudinal axis (i.e. out towards the wings). sailplane wingspan isn't a problem but it there may not be enough room in that direction if the wings are solid foam or ribbed & sheeted construction (eg, more than a couple of inches would pose some issues?). Can you suggest any tricks to deal with this. If it ran outside, would it catch something as it skids along the ground for a landing (crash or otherwise!). I don't have that sailplane yet but it is on the radar.

I read in the Futaba support forum that there was a recall on the 2.4Ghz modules in the early days. What was that about?

Thanks again for your help and patience.
Dave