RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP Factory pictures
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 09:34 AM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CMP Factory pictures

I own the CMP Transall, CMP T-34, CMP Cessna 182 .50 size, CMP Cessna 182 1.40 size, Hobbico Twinstar, Vietnam made Dual Ace, Nitroplanes B-25 Mitchell, Nitroplanes Honda Jet, GMS engines, Turnigy motors, ESC, Lipo batteries, Turnigy 52cc gasoline engine, XYZ 26cc gas engine, beechwood 16", 18", 20" propellers etc., all made in China or Vietnam. NONE of the ARF's 71"-81" wingspan are over $224 and the CMP Cessna 182 .50 size(63" wingspan) is just $99. The 26cc gas engine is $129 and the 52cc gas engine is $159. The quality is much better than I expected for the CHEAP price I paid for it............sure I have to reinforce here and there if at all...............but really the build quality is BETTER than my untrained hands can do on a kit. I can fly in just a matter of a few days from purchase because it is an ARF and if I crash.........I have bought on the Twinstar($109) and Dual Ace($149) three of the same models because it is so CHEAP.......and the B-25($170) I have 2 of the same model.............so it allows me to indulge in this hobby without breaking my bank account. The CAD-CAM computer software, CNC machine tools and the computerized LASER cutters are what made it all possible. From here on it will only get faster, better and cheaper because of the advances in technology..................i.e. durable spray on pseudo fiberglass covering, moldable composites for formers, stringers, ribs and spars all formed in one molding operation..........eliminating most of the hands on assembly. Offshore manufacturing is moving forward very rapidly because of the computerized tools and software. We are very, very blessed because we earn DOLLARS and they earn YUAN or whatever currency they use offshore. The GIGANTIC trade imbalance is NOT good for us, but in the meantime......enjoy flying our ARF. 'Nuff said.
larry