RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Racing Development Efforts
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Iceman67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Racing Development Efforts

Ronny,

I am not familiar with the Eflight controllers, but they should be plug and play. I would use bullet connectors between the motor and controller. I always plug the center wire of the controller to the center wire of the motor. I then plug the other two in. If the motor direction is correct, then you are okay. If reverse, then switch the outer (2) wires and the direction will be correct. I would run an APC 5.5 x 4.5 for sport flying and an APC 5 x 5 for speed. Keep the current below 30 amps and you should be set. 380XL size motors are typically 200-300 watt motors. You will have a fast set-up with this so me sure to keep your control throws to a minimum. 23 ounces with that kind of wing area should be fine for launch. Do you have any way of checking static current? I use an Astroflight Watt meter in between the battery and ESC to check this. This is a good habit to get into to make sure your system isn't overloaded.

Your motor specs are 28mm dia x 56mm length & 3200 RPM/volt. Free load rpm will be 11.1 x 3200 = 35,520.

Let me know how it goes.

Take Care.