RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!

I know that this thread is very old but it gets referenced and I'd like to add a few thoughts.

First, this thread began prior to the era of some really nice 1.2 size gassers that in my opinion really match up to the USL exceptionally well. The G-20 for example will provide unlimited vertical to the USL and it requires absolutely no changes to the air frame and balances perfectly.

Admittedly the vertical is not 3-D stuff but the USL has some real knife edge coupling issues that probably don't make it a good 3-D candidate anyway, though I'm not arguing that they can't be or haven't been overcome by either a good setup or flying skills.

Also within the thread is some theme that discounts the value of setting the plane up with the quad setup. I find it unfortunate that readers might think the quad setup is of little worth or value. A quad setup provides a whole different window of flying possibilities just as 3-D does. I find crow to be a hoot. As always, perspectives are what they are... reflections of what one sees and feels and are influenced greatly by individual wants.

Simply one more opinion...