RCU Forums - View Single Post - How did they sell millions of these things???
Old 04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
lousyflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How did they sell millions of these things???

Jeffie8696 said: "Testors with the front rotary valve are my favorites." Did you mean they were your favorite to look at? 'Cause I never saw one that would run after the prime was gone! But that old Testor's P-38 Lightning was a gorgeous plastic plane, whether it would start or not! Come to think of it, I never saw a Cox Pitts Special with the .020 PEE WEE run either. I think most of us never realized how critical a good starter battery was to starting these engines. I never saw one of those Testor's Sprite Indy cars run either. I remember struggling to start a Cox Slingshot Dragster by hand - THAT was a real pain in the hand. I heard a couple of years ago that the best way to start the dragster was off the spinning back tire of a 20" bicycle! We never thought of that one. Man, that dragster hurt like heck if it ran into your foot! All the Babe Bees I ever had ran great and started right up as long as they were clean. One little piece of sludge or trash in the fuel could ruin your day, though. I think I'd rather smell glow fuel than women's perfume!