RCU Forums - View Single Post - King Motor Baja Elite - Ebay UK Import - Overview
Old 04-23-2009, 02:12 AM
retrorcguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motor Baja Elite - Ebay UK Import - Overview

Over the weekend I spent some time checking over my Baja in order to prepare it for it's first run. In particullar i dismantled the gearbox and drivetrain, having read numerous
posts about a 'missing gearbox bearing'. After finally getting the gearbox out of the buggy i opend it to find there was indeed a 'Missing Bearing'. I took a photograph showing
where the missing bearing should be.

As you can see there is a shoulder on the driveshaft ready to fit the bearing. The bearing that should be fitted is a standard 6201-2RS bearing (12x24x6mm).
I have now fitted the bearing the gearbox seems smooth. Although there is a bearing next to the spur gear on the same shaft i would highly recomend fitting the missing bearing,
not doing so may cause the gears to spread under high torque and may in time a bend the shaft or even strip teath.

I have marked both bearings on this diagram.

Whilst I had the gearbox appart I also stripped the Diff, I was quite supprised to find it was heavily contaminated with the sealing agent (liquid gasket) which had been used to
seal the diff, so I ended up stripping the diff and flushing all the debris out then re-filling it with fresh oil.
When putting the grearbox back together i also packed it out with a sensible amount of grease as I felt that it didn't really have enough grease in the first place. I'm hoping this
weekend will be dry enough for me to give the buggy it's first run

RetroRcGuy