RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Cap 232 120 "Restoration" Thread
Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
mydartswinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Cap 232 120 "Restoration" Thread

Whoa, nearly 5 months since I've worked on this project. I did do a little bit this evening on it.

The fuselage was fairly well ready for covering, so I decided that I'd get the first color on the fuse. The first color will be white, just as it is on the original Matt Chapman scheme. I've decided that since this is my first covering job, I'm going to make it a bit simpler than the Matt Chapman scheme, while still being somewhat similar. It will still be a 3 color design, but will use white, purple, and silver for the colors. I haven't made the final decision on exactly where every stripe will go, but the main color will be white with the top of the fuse being purple. I will probably add 1 silver stripe to the side of the fuse, and maybe a second stripe using purple under the silver stripe with some spacing in between. I'm undecided completely on the wings still. For ease of covering, I may go with white in the rear and on the bottom, with purple on the leading edge, followed by a silver stripe and a purple stripe in the same pattern as the fuse, but instead of going top to bottom, maybe front to rear.

The wings and stabilizers still have some wood repair to be done to them before covering can begin on them.

For power, I'm now contemplating going back to glow using a Saito 150 or Saito 180.

Here's some pics of the covering so far. I still have some touch up covering to do on the white. The purple will be starting around where the tail servo holes are located and go up from there. Like I said, this is my first covering job, so it's not the best.