RCU Forums - View Single Post - VIPER TRIM ISSUE:
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VIPER TRIM ISSUE:

Hi Guys,

Looks like you steered me in the right direction. I proped up the wing on the workbench last night. I placed the bottom side up and blocked the trailing edge of the wing. I took measurements an specififc intervals on the trailing edge and then measured the height to the table.

*** I have 3/4" at the Root to start with.

*** The Port wing (left while upside down) at the Tip was 7/8".

*** The Starboard wing (right while upside down) at the Tip was 5/8".

So viewing from the back of the wing, on the fuse the left wing goes up an 1/8th of an inch and the right wing goes down a n 1/8th of an inch. I guess thats an issue, huh? This would make it roll to the left and would explain why I need about 12 clicks of right to get it to fly straight. Agreed???

OK, So the Million Dollar question: How to fix. I was thinking about useing the Heat Gun on the bottom only and see if I could get the twist out. Any angle I should follow while trying this? I am thinking either diagonal from the center of the leading edge to the wings tips or just along the lower 3-4 inches of the wing from the trailing edge up. Any suggestions or is it mostly hit or miss with this one? Any other suggestions would definitely be appreciated.

Again Thanks for all of the help , Now and in the Past..........

PS.
Not that I am any sort of beginner, but I like to bounce idease around with other guys like the group here. Its Great to get info and new ideas or solutions to new and old issues from other guys such as yourseleves. After lookng at the views , there also seems to be a lot of guys who may not participate in a discussion such as this, but they are reading it. As of last count there were 128 guys who read this post, I bet some of them have picked up info as well.

Thanks Again

Ed

"As my Caller and Son would Say" - " 1-2-3- Ready "TURN RIGHT"

LOL....