RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problems with AFPD on new PC
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:49 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Problems with AFPD on new PC

Regarding his Aerofly Pro Deluxe flight sim, there is a Main Program, 5 Addons, and a patch that you have to install, after the Addons are installed. I started by installing the Main Program and then the Patch. When I launched the program, I had to configure the Controls so the Control Surfaces were going in the correct direction. Once I did that, I had to Calibrate the Tx. I have a JR8103 which I have used with AFPD before, without a problem. When I got to the Calibration Screen, everything looked normal and I moved all the Sticks, Switches, and Knobs. When I clicked on OK, all the bars, for each channel, started going crazy. I moved each Stick, Switch, and Knob, and as I did, the bar for each channel became Stable. When I was done, I was able to fly. I installed each of the 5 Addons, one at a time, and each time, the program was Stable. I finished by installing the Patch, as requested.

In a Windowed Mode, I was seeing Frame Rates as high as 1500. The Biplane I was flying flew like a Rocket. I had to slow down the Throttle. I then changed the Resolution from Windowed, to 1900x1080 60Hz. The Frame Rate dropped to 600 and everything worked fine.

The only problem I found was that as I worked with AFPD, my Sony Bravia 46" HDTV would suddenly go Blank, display the Bravia logo, and then return the display again. It did this Randomly, and even with AFPD shut down, and the USB cable disconnected, it did it, on occasion, while we were working with WinTV. It had never done this before, while using the Cable Box or the DVD player. At first, I thought it was the Graphics Card, changing Graphics Modes, but the HDTV goes blank for sometimes 30 seconds. It seems that when I drag the Mouse around, the image reappears sooner, but I turned off the Screen Saver and the display still randomly blanked out.

Aside from the occasional reset of the HDTV display, the program worked fine.

Why is it that I cannot change the position of the Sun or switch from Blue Sky to Overcast? Those features seem to be Greyed Out, no matter what scenery I choose