RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problems with AFPD on new PC
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Problems with AFPD on new PC

When I first built this system, the only corner I cut was with the OS. I had a Windows XP Pro 32bit CD from my Dell System. Because of the 1Tb SATA HD, I had to create a Floppy Disk, with a RAID/Mass Storage Device driver, from the ASUS mobo disk. I kept getting a random BSOD referencing the Mass Storage Device driver nvtgs.sys. The only other OS I had was a Microsoft XP Pro 64bit CD. It has been Rock Solid in every other respect.

I have been told, by other IT friends, that there may have been enough differences between the Dell XP Pro 32bit disk and an MS XP Pro 32bit disk that would account for the incompatibility between the Dell disk and my system. I am not sure if I should buy an MS XP Pro 32bit or Vista 64bit disk.

The system is running very stable right now. I am using a little over 1Gb of Ram, according to Performance Manager, when AFPD is running. I have been averaging 600fps running at 1900x1080 @ 60Hz,

The only glitch is that every 8 minutes or so, the HDTV goes blank, the power light is still on, the Bravia logo displays, and then the display returns. I am not sure if it is the Graphics card that is doing that or the HDTV, however, it only seems to do this when AFPD is running. I did have it happen a couple of times when I was running WinTV. It never happens when I am just watching cable TV. The PC is running DVI to HDMI cable to the TV.

The last time I loaded AFPD, last night, I did not experience the display kicking out as often as it did the time before.