RCU Forums - View Single Post - -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Road Warrior
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Its hard to explain with the gearing that i have on there now, off the line it will spin the tires and about 20mph and on if you peg it it will just flip over unless you add a little bit of weight to the front end. If I change the gearing to the 20t/38t you will stand it up no matter how much weight you put on the front end. Its like a high end sports car now, you cant just get in and floor it till you understand what it's capable of. The spur gear has a bearing in it and i had to grind down one of the plates and put it behind the gear with the pad and squeeze it so it is locked.I had to cut a bigger hole in the bottom of my chassis for the bump box to hit the smaller flywheel. I only did all of this because i don't have a dirt track near by all I have is big parking lots and last year all i had was a retarded ofna pirate monster and my buddy would rub it in that his rc 10 was faster. He would wait for me to take off and then fly past me. No matter what i would do i would never be faster. So because i hate Traxxas i bought a firestorm off ebay to keep it a stadium truck and I wanted it to be as wild as you can get so this is what I ended up with. I am extreamly happy with what I have I just wish that my lhs actually carried parts for it. Even with the 3.0 if you guys can change the gearing and get away from that fixed spur these trucks can be fast.