RCU Forums - View Single Post - New project
Thread: New project
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
jrbmoto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New project

There was a thread a few months ago that asked what kits you have in your collection. I did, at the time, make a complete list of everything I have. What I consider "classic" may not be what everybody does. I collect kits that I had or wanted to have when I was a kid in the '70s and early '80s. I happen to have a fondness for GM Precision and Airtronics kits. (produced by the same company) so I have a couple New Era 111's, a New Era .40 and just about every GMP kit ever produced. I have some rare Great Planes kits including every version of the Sportster including a prestine Bipe kit. Also a couple old Berleley kits that I inherited from my dad, some old Goldberg kits..etc.. about 30-35 kits in all.
I did build a New Era III when I was a teenager but never flew it. At the time, I was more into slope soaring than power flying so I sold it at a club swapmeet. I'm excited about this build, I know these planes really fly well with todays lightweight raido gear and better engines, this one should really fly great!

-Johnny-