RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Kits
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Kits

Well, I do have a nosen kit sitting in the basement and I also have had a few goldbergs, the goldbergs are much better than the nosen but just a little better than the pica kits, GP is slowly trying to revamp the name brand into something as another offering. The wood quality going back 5 years ago, was ok, but back in the late 80 to early 90's, almost every part just fell out of the sheets with a small tap on the table. Right now Die cut stuff has to be cut out in the corners and if you lucky, it actually went all the way through. I have a sophicated lady to build sitting downstairs as well, the parts look fantastic, but I'm assuming that it was the last of the freshly setup die cut runs for this bird before being phased out. I'm seeing the trend to introduce new arfs that are different than something that is tried and true, they now offer the ultimate in an arf but it's much different than the kit version. Could this spell a phase out of the good old kit ultimate, and reinstate old designs as they are computerized and kitted as retro kits or more likely arfs? Who knows, all I know is I'd love to see the jungmann come back, I would actually prefer them to drop the ultimate and reissue tha jungmann instead. Nothing wrong with the ultimate, but the jungmann seems to have more class at the field and less seen out there, these days, everybody and thier brother make an ultimate. Just my 2 cents to the pot