RCU Forums - View Single Post - E flite Apprentice vs Hangar 9 Alpha...
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
cjmdjm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E flite Apprentice vs Hangar 9 Alpha...

To be clear, if I get the mustang (will hopefully come to a final decision in the next few days) I fully intend to use all of the "training wheels" from the get go, and seek instructor help. Even if I install the flap servos, I will leave the flaps down for the entire flight until I am ready for more speed. Though Opjose makes a good point, I may as well wait to install them, so Im not tempted to retract the flaps in flight until Im ready. Also, to confirm, all of my gear from my crashed alpha, eg, starter, glow heater, etc, will work with the mustang, yes? Note that my alpha was quite old, it did not have the evolution trainer power system they introduced in recent years, so it did not have the same engine as the mustang will. And, again, just to make sure, the dx6i will work with the parkzone sukhoi (dsm2) which I have preordered, correct? I also have seen a recall notice for the dx6i. If I order a mustang in the next week or so, what are the odds it will have a new, fixed, dx6i? Would hate to get the plane and immediately have to send the transmitter in for repair, especially since it would ground my sukhoi as well.

Again, thanks guys