RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** CLUB SUPER TIGRE ***
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:51 PM
fujiman
My Feedback: (133)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *** CLUB SUPER TIGRE ***

have you tried to leave the glow driver hooked up while doing your checks. could be a bad or improper glow plug. if your using an os "f" plug try one and see. your problem might not be the carb. have you tried a fresh batch of fuel, if your fuel is old or has been left opened for any time at all especially in winter it will soak up water. only takes a small amount to foul the fuel and give you fets. what % of nitro are you using. does your engine run ok at full throttle? are you trying to adjust the low needle at a too hi of idle "speed". also check and make sure you are filtering your fuel from can and tank to carb. check that there is NO debree under metering needle you'll have to take off pump led and diaphram and lever to take needle out to clean. don't give up if push comes to shove try a different carb and that would be my last thing to do. make one check or change at a time so you are sure of your results. go from the easiest to the hardest. some times if not always it turns out to be a very easy fix that we over look. we seem to go to the most difficult and we wind up over looking the simple things and we get frustrated. establish a chain in your diag. 1 glow plug driver left hooked up 2 glow plug bad or go to os f plug 3 fuel and nitro % 4 is fuel being filtered is it old fuel what brand? 5 internal carb problem???? junk under metering needle??? is the vent in flapper led being effected by cowl air pressure may need to solder a line in led and run vent line into interier of plane to equalize press in flapper chamber. 6 try another carb may be defective but i dought it but don't over look it. let us know what the results are could help the rest of us.