RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Viper 500 RTC
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:48 AM
scausey
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Viper 500 RTC

Its thing like this from Hobbico that will make it right hopefully. I will send them an honest report detailing any problems that I have or remarks about the kit. I will be checking the incidence very close and looking at everything as a whole. If there is any problems that would be constructive to the build and future changes, I will be letting them know about them.

Don,
There is no glassing done at all with the fuse, as we all know all the other fuse kits out there are built with 3/16" sides, and the Viper is built with 1/8" sides... that is one problem why the Viper fuse is weaker than most kits available. I don't really understand your piece of ply your referring about to pin to, but you have to have a solid piece of material on both top and bottom of fuse to pin the firewall to. So replacing the top and bottom of the Fuse near the firewall is the best way I know how, and if you know of a different/ better way, let us know. This is done by Chuck Bridge himself and I have NEVER had a firewall come out on a Vortex(so this is a proven method).

Just remember, the Viper is designed for a Sport plane and not exactly for the racing side. I think we all tend to think the plane was designed for racing, but the racing community is Very small and the Hobbico is going after the masses and not the SIG. So we will have to make some mods to the Viper to make it the best racer for the money.

Scott Causey