RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:07 AM
wormturner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade

ORIGINAL: hugger-4641

Here's a peek at the finished plane before adding the decals. The first thing I noticed upon opening the box and inspecting the contents was the quality of the covering job. One of the first things the manual reccomends is to tighten the covering with a covering iron while the plane is still in pieces. I have an iron but was tempted not to touch this plane because the covering looked so good compared to the other ARF's I've seen.
At the advice of Minnflyer, I did take about an hour to go over all the seams with the iron. Glad I did, because after sitting in my garage for a night in the freezing temps and then bringing it back into my 72 degree living room for assembly, tiny bubbles and a few small wrinkles did appear on the elevator and the underside of the wings. These ironed out very quickly. The fusalage and rudder remain flawless.
Jerry, thanks for the detailed assembly thread! It has helped tremendously! This is my first real ARF, and it's my first glow build. I'm looking at the muffler and noticing that it is angled downward. I have a similar angulation on my plane, but isn't the overflow fuel going to splatter all over the wheel pant and the wing, both during fuel-filling and flight exhaust??? I'm new to this and am just wondering where all this expelled "stuff" is going to drip. Are you going to add anything, or don't you find that it's a problem when properly tuned?

Thanks.

Phil