RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Viper 500 RTC
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 02:27 AM
freeair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Viper 500 RTC

with the last mod Viper ARF they added full glassing to the inner tank bulkhead area plus the exterior front fuse is also glassed, to make this bullet proof so your engine dont come off the front is to either add 1/8 th cane pins to both side of the engines bulkhead or do what i do which is ,remove the covering from fuse up to the leading edge to where the wing sits plus remove covering from the top cowl, epoxy the top cowl lid on then apply a layer of 2 oz glass cloth around the fuse side from leading edge to leading edge and around the top lid to bottom like a wrap. then you drill small holes [ 2 per side = 8 of ] into the bulkhead and epoxy the can skewers into this. when all has cured dry sand lightly so all is smooth for re covering this front area. don,t worry too much about sealing off the tank area as the tank should not be right up front if running 40 sized engines [ c.o.g. area ] you can still feed new fuel lines through the side to tank. actually i,m still running a Viper in 424 class powered by TTPro 46 that the only mods are cane pins only [ 2 per side ] maybe i have well balanced props.