RCU Forums - View Single Post - Did not know this....Savage world speed record
Old 05-13-2009, 02:39 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did not know this....Savage world speed record

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

I dont run my truck off road unless i need to, which happens quite often on a farm. Im not really into 4 wheeling. I never cared for caking the underside of my truck with mud for no reason. I use my truck for whatever i want to do with it, and its a jack of all trades. Haul a tractor with it one day, unhook, and go to the dragstrip for some fun, drive it to church the next day, and then to work on Monday.

It must chap your hide that my truck would drag your jeep around without even knowing it had anything behind it.

As for a locker... thats a pretty simple concept to grasp for most people. A limited slip is much better suited for everyday on and off highway use though. Crawling is about the only situation where a locker is better than a limited slip.

Maybe you will get the point that i dont care what you think. I obviously posted the pictures of my Dana 80 as a joke, but then again, I guess it wasnt so obvious for you to figure it out, because you still havent

ThunderbirdJunkie doesn't care that your truck would drag his Jeep around, because it will never happen. The only reason your truck would be hooked to ThunderbirdJunkie's Jeep is because ThunderbirdJunkie's Jeep was stuck...and if ThunderbirdJunkie's Jeep is stuck, then your truck would not be able to get TO where ThunderbirdJunkie's Jeep was stuck, so it's a pretty moot point about cummins driver's truck being able to drag ThunderbirdJunkie's Jeep around, isn't it?

Jack of all trades...uh...that means your truck isn't very good at any thing.
800 lb ft at the drag strip wtih a 7,000 lb curb weight at the drag strip would make ThunderbirdJunkie's grandmother yawn.
Jesus thinks the build quality of the 94-01 Dodge fullsizes sucks. So, you might as well not go to church.
ThunderbirdJunkie hates mud. Mud is for people that like spending lots and lots of money on parts. ThunderbirdJunkie is not that person, which is why he prefers non-Kingstar-powered Savages.
And as for a locker, let's revisit that first line that you typed...
I dont run my truck off road unless i need to, which happens quite often on a farm.
So, if it's off road often, then you are lax in your judgement with NOT putting a locker in your truck. Even an Ox locker is only about $800, and would help tremendously in any off road situation.

Sorry if ThunderbirdJunkie enjoys traction, and you apparently enjoy wheelspin.

I obviously posted the pictures of my Dana 80 as a joke
Because Dana axles ARE a joke!

Bottom line...your Savage is slow. Your Ram is slow.