RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Great Glow Plug Run Off!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Yuu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Great Glow Plug Run Off!

Nice work, Graham. Beautiful presentation and method. I love the hypodermic drip measuring description, and the fuel mix description. But I got confused. First question: You wrote that you removed .045" from the bottom of the head; I assume you meant from the Mecoa head, right? Second question: You used Permatex anti-sieze on the 'plug' threads; but my Nelson plug seals against the bottom of the Galbreath head, and the 'plug threads' are not in the combustion chamber, so the anti-sieze is just to get the Nelson plug out of the Galbreath head, right? Third question: You use 'four' gaskets on the Galbreath head [?] and it runs best: but doesn't that 'Increase' the volume of the actual combustion chamber, thus reducing compression [?]' erasing the previous 'gain' in compression? Last question: Using anti-sieze on the plug threads; why not use anti-sieze ALSO on the Galbreath head-to-cylinder threads AND on/between the four gaskets... to reduce/adjust cylinder volume? None of my questions relate to anything about the 'squish band', which may involve some of the answers to my questions. Anyways, your report got me thinging again. Thanks.