RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
TTMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

Depends on where you are with your flying skills. For me, learning to fly with very nervous hands, learning has been a long struggle. I'm basically fine on my G4.5 simulator, but when I get on the sticks with my 450-class Mini Titan, my nerves set in and Istill have a tough time making progress.

I've been through a fixed pitch "stick frame" helithat was a complete nightmare, a CX coaxial and, for the past nearly two years, my 450-class. The little fixed pitch jobs, in my opinion, should neverbe marketed as suitable for beginners. They're utterly unstable and jittery. Co-axials are at the other end of the spectrum. I think they're good primarily for developing orientation - nose-in, side-on and so on. Other than that, I quickly became bored with mine and sold it.

The Quark has brought me more enjoyment actually flying a helicopter than any other model. The FM equipment has not been a problem for me. I've seen what Ithink is transient interference from time to time, but never enough to seriously interfere with my enjoyment of the heli. I do a quick frequency scan, turn on my transmitter (as long as my frequency isn't in use) and enjoy flying.

You can do everything non-aerobatic with a Quark. Iwant to become proficient in scale flying, so Iwork on steady, smooth flight, but the Quark is capable of significant speed and very quick performance. It's inherently stable, but not like a coaxial. You have to "fly"the model and concentrate.

Ihighly recommend the helicopter. The design is, in my opinion, superb. The foam blades absorb crash impact and spare the drive hardware from damage. Replacement blades are cheap, and Hirobo incluces an ultra simple but cleverly designed blade balancer that allows you to precisely balance the blades before installation (very important). Simple clear plastic household tape is perfect for balancing, and it's invisible once applied. I'd say you can be airborne again in about 10 minutes following a typical crash where blade breakage occurs. I've never replaced anything but main blades (not even a tail blade) since Ibought my Quark. Honestly, Idon't crash much with it.

Good luck.