RCU Forums - View Single Post - BOT ARF is here!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 09:23 PM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOT ARF is here!

I ordered the BOT from Tower Hobbies. You can see the picture there and at Dynaflite"s website. I haven't weighed it yet, but it is supposed to have a wingloading of about 8oz or so. FYI the slots are already cut for the hinges. They give you a piece of hinge material, and you can cut your own whatever shape you want. I was going to put a bellcrank in it, but on the way home from work today I remembered that I have a spare Hitec HS55 micro servo. The book says that you only need a 15oz servo because it has a flying tail that is aerodynamically balanced by the whole surface moving. Probably still have to have a pocket full of servo gears to rebuild the little servo. You can strip those little ones just by looking at them. The fiberglas was perfect and not a wrinkle anywhere on the covering. White and Orange.
I wasn't going to order it, but Tower had a limited quantity remark by their price. Thought I'd better go ahead and get one even if I only put it in my project inventory with the Multiplex ALpha Club glider. But I'll probably go ahead and assemble this one.