RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Well considering it's virtually impossible to sell 72mhz anymore I guess its something that we'll have to deal with. Our technolgy should provide the best chance for success though... time will tell. So you can't fly 2.4 in the basin without having issues? Are some brands more prone to problems than others?

johnkoppisch- The problem with that is then you are limited to the mode you can configurethe radioin so you have to make specific versions for each part of the world.

IJAA- Like I said, you can have triple rates (3 position switch) on two surfaces. The flight conditions are switch assignable and allow you to combine many different features like D/R, Expo, mixing and more per the condition. You can program each setting individually, if you want them to be different per condition then select the "S" (single) option when setting them or if they will be the same in other conditions select "C" (combined) when you set them. This radio is very functionable giving the user many different methods to do what they want.

tadawson- Isimply don't know since it has not been tested.

A Beancourt- The gimbles were designed from the ground up specifically for this radio. Each hasfour bearings (two per axis,) they are one of the best features of the Aurora..." They're like butter!" They are fully adjustble through the back of the case for spring tension and ratched, as well as mode selectablity.

Minnreefer- Hitec's 2.4ghz technology does provide two-way comunication. The basic feature is low battery warning which is an audible beeping from the module if your receiver battery is getting low. This is included in all the sytems including the ones that can be used with the Optic or Eclipse. The Aurora has the capability to capture data in realtime (ordownload)so in the future you will be able to have sensors on board the model which could read back things like temp, RPM, speed, GPS, votage, fuel level etc... look at what Eagle Tree has for this to get an idea of this capability. This isn't just for the Aurora. The modulefor the Optic/Eclipse,while not in realtime, will still be able to log this data and then you can download it into a PC. There's a picture of the demo we did at a show here to give you an idea of what you can expect: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2405368

Thanks for all the questions guys... I'm happy to help!

Mike.