RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 1/2 Mini Ultra Stick Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 05:59 PM
WestCoastFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 1/2 Mini Ultra Stick Rebuild

Lookin' good MC.  You're going to be, if you aren't already, the resident MUS expert.  It's such a great basic design, maybe the most copied and most built RC plane in history, although the Cub may have that honor.  I'm sure you know the design heritage goes back at least to the mid '60s to the Das Ugly Stik, which was my 2nd airplane nearly 20 years ago.  The more I crashed my Stik, the heavier it weighed after repair and still flew nicely, which is what's great about the design - you can build the design heavy, such as you're doing with strenghtening modifications, and it will still fly great, although it will stall at a higher speed and therefore land a little faster.

Keep posting those pictures, I'm sure more guys than me want to see your completed fleet of Mini Ultra Sticks.

By the way, evidently it's more than people that like this airplane.  I was flying mine this morning on a straight line pass from one end of a school yard field to another and a little bird swooped in, checked it out, and flew in perfect formation with it the length of the field.  A few minutes later, three of his bird friends joined him, and on a pass down the field I had one little bird as wingman, and three birds flying along, also in tight formation.  Lol, I'm new to electrics, is this normal behaivor due to quiet motors?