RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picture Tutorial: Swapping out your 10X / 12X batteries
Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 AM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picture Tutorial: Swapping out your 10X / 12X batteries

Reinserting the pack....this is the fun part. I will tell you the easiest way I have found:

Insert the circuit board in to it's pre-designated slot JUSTSLIGHTLY. Then, as seen in Pic 9, start putting the battery pack in just above it. In other words, the circuit board will be a couple ofmillimeterslower than the battery pack. Then slowly lower them both down. When you think they have both reached the bottom, gently tug the battery pack away from the circuit board and push it down a little further.

When it looks like Pic 10, you're in there right.

When you put the top case back on, you will know whether or not you have the battery seated correctly. The Eneloops are just a bit bigger dimensionally, and it seems the fit is tighter in a 10X case, than it is in a 12X case.It will fit in both. You MAY see a tiny gap between the top and the case, but this is normal and should only be minimal. If you have a 1mm gap or more, it is not right. I use a pice of tape along the bottom of the case first, before putting the screws back in. As shown in Pic 11, one of my labels does the trick nicely. Since this is just a friction fit area with no screws, the tape ensures this will not pop open.

Reinsert the 4 screws and Voila! When it looks like Pic 12, you have been Pimpdafied!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55934.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1206880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16059.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1206881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15800.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.4 KB