RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picco P-zero 0.8cc
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Picco P-zero 0.8cc

I did a little checking here and on APC's site, the only list a 4.1-4.1 in a Sp400 size, and that's how the packaging reads on mine. The root chord is pretty good size relative to the rest of the blade, but the hub is APC E standard.

I did notice that APC offers Carbon E props in the 4.7-4.7 and 4.7-4.5 sizes. These merit investigation too..

My only experience with this prop was in trying to experiment with a hot 6 cell 4.8v Sp400 setup for NATs pylon. In the air it was inferior to the 4.5-4.1 at a slight decrease in amp draw. At the time I was trying to get the motors to last more than two flights, and I gave up on the 4.1-4.1 as it didn't help with longevity or performance.

A glow motor would be another story as from the sounds of it there are no commercial props on the market that will allow the Picco to reach peak power on the ground. I'm sure it will be scary fast compared to a Norvel after unloading, but to get the best out of it we'll need really clean airframes. Just off the top of my head this motor doesn't have the same torque at lower RPM as a Cyclon as tested so far, so it really may be out of it's element until mid-30's when the Cyclon is really showing. Of course, a Cyclon doesn't have a carb or muffler so those are avenues to explore first if the motor is too wild but my gut says that the port timing is going to be where this motor is helped/hurt depending on what you are looking for from it.