RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picco P-zero 0.8cc
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picco P-zero 0.8cc

Boy, that's a sharp looking prop. Two ways to read that. Rob is right. But hand flip? I used to and wasted a great deal of time. Something about timing maybe, don't know but most of my small engines won't hand start easily, Norvels are the best example. Too much taper in the cylinder maybe.Those that do hand start easily are ABC types with lots of pinch. They feel a lot more slippery. When I anodize 6061 aluminum, it feels as hard as Norvel's process but not so abrasive. Got to try that soon. Got lots of good, orphaned, nickle plated pistons.

I ran a GWS 8 x 4 on my Brodak/Norvel hybrid, the one that does 19.9K on a black Tornado. The GWS blades are constant chord, thin undercambered blades all the way to the hub. I flew one for 15 minutes on my Low Stik. Held up well, heard some buzzing, now and again for a second or so each time. This is not something I'd recommend, I did it with extreme caution, just to see. Where I fly is an old tailings pond, even the vultures avoid it so no danger. Save the vultures, we need them.

Still waiting for my very small, APC props to try on the Picco and the hybrid. No time to take timing numbers but soon, hopefully. Does Picco publish timing on their engines?