RCU Forums - View Single Post - STAR WARS Tie-Fighter Interceptor Build?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:06 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STAR WARS Tie-Fighter Interceptor Build?

Oh nice on the Star Destroyer. I seen that one on YouTube. Good looking ship! May have to try one of those on next project. Always looking for something else to build.

So anyways I got to fly it finally. The power is plenty and this thing took right off and climbed pretty quick. I made a circle then it happened. It went inverted and started going into what looks like a upside down flat-spin but with no loose in altitude.  I knew right away what it was. I encountered this on my test model a LOT and come to find out it was tail heavy. I  backed off the throttle and it came back down and settled or crashed in slow motion.

So basically with it tail heavy and loosing it you wont damage it lol. It comes down so slow, pretty weird looking. So anyways I moved the CG as far forward as I could and went up again. Right away it was a day and night difference it flew much better. I went out did a big circle and headed back to where I was at. I came closs to the neighbors shed so I pulled up and climed out. But as it climed it kept climing and flipped back over inverted and I had a repeat of that flat spin. Except this time I smacked the side of the shed..oops Didnt mean to do that.

So now back in the hanger as I had to glue back on my front stabilizer. One of the sides came loose on it. Also my little black windshield came loose also. No biggie I got them glued back on and its ready to go again. Just ran out of day light after I got done messing with it.

But I do need to get more weight into the nose some. I guess I will have to suck it up and add some weight. I really hate doing that but looks like I have to. I may try a larger battery, would be a good reason to go up in mah. I think they are a tad heavier so should work out. So all in all was sucessful failure I think. I did crash  but it was so minor and now I know what tweaks I need to do. My CG mark was off a little but not to bad.

It did look cool as hell flying around though I have to say! You cant see the front stab or the ones in rear as much as I thought it would. After I get it right I may add some of those bright LED's two red ones in the cockpit on bottom, fake lasers haha.