RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flightmax Packs
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:57 PM
jooNorway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flightmax Packs

I don`t have a lot of experience, but I have used some Zippoes for the last two years.

Have used 4 "older" Zippy batteries rated 20C. They have been loaded at 20C, in a small warmliner. They now have balance problems, and seemes to loose their "C" now. No doubt my abuse have caused them to have a short life.

I got 4 of 5S5000 30C Flightmax some months ago. Use them in my Angel, and they perform pretty good so far! My load is appr 1200 Watt, or appr 64A max. Equals appr 13C, which is (IMHO) a reasonable load. They have full power during a whole 10-12 min flight, and then I usually put back 4000mAh. They have perfect balance, and so far I am very pleased with them. I did use FlightPower 5000 batteries in my Angel before, and they lost the power at 2/3 of flighttime. But they were ratet 25C. So far I feel the FlightMax batteries are "better"than my older FlightPowers...
I have more Zippy batteries, propably 10-12, and none of them are abused being ran at close to max C-rating. None of them have any issues, perform OK and I am pleased. As far as I stay away from loading close to max C-ratings things have a tendency to work good!