RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car
Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 AM
KE4QPF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1:10

The only change to the tires was painting the rims. They were chrome and the real ones are black with a blue pin stripe. That was one of the last paint jobs. I really don't want to mess with ESCs and motors or changing out the tires as the car does everything I want it to. I am contemplating switching out the plastic oil shocks for the metal ones Duratrax shipped me as replacements. After that, I have to do a photo shoot and send the pics and videos to the guy in Australia who made up the custom decals. As of right now, I've been covered in junk piling up in the house from the two builds and have been actiely trying to clean up before my wife has a heart attack. I've never really needed a stronger motor than the stock 280s because it's extremely flat down here in South Florida. The worst thing a car/truck would have to plow through is the St. Augustine grass.

I am anxiously awaiting the next inspiration. My biggest problem right now is the long hours I work. It's great being able to go into the office late, but that means I get out of the office even later. I'm still dealing with bills and insurance issues after the wreck I had in February. Once I get the house back in order, I'll start going wild on the RCs again.