RCU Forums - View Single Post - supertiger .45 will not stay running
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:46 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supertiger .45 will not stay running

ORIGINAL: RCER88

The possible problem is the low speed mixture is to lean. This can cause the problem as the flight progresses the motor leans out gets hot and poof you are now deadstick.

BINGO!

The LS needle system used in the SuperTigres seems to be problematic.

If you set the engine for a good idle, then it transitions poorly and tends to cut out or deadstick on you at the worst times.

If you set the LS needle for a good transition, then the engine bogs down at idle and will shut off or fail to run up after taxing.

SuperTigre's recommendation of angling the spray bar opening, simply doesn't work nor help.

I found that I can cure the problem however...

I set the engine for a good high end, and also a good transition, forgetting about the idle for the moment.

I then record the exact number of turns required to achieve this on the LS needle.

I pull the throttle barrel out, and using a small circular file, I grind out a small 2 mm half moon shape at the point of smallest opening ( when the throttle is at idle ). The barrel must be cleaned of all filings!

Doing this introduces MORE air to the idle air mixture, which cures the engine of bogging down at idle.

The LS needle is put back to the setting for a good transition.

That's it.

The engine becomes strong and reliable.