RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

But anyway quitnas1 this is for you...............I took my tranny apart today after about 2 hours trying 2 remove a stripped screw I had. Finally went 2 auto zone and bought a screw extractor kit and in about 10 seconds I had it out wish I would have done that in the 1st place. But anyway......After taking it apart trying 2 figure out why it wouldnt shift into 2nd I realized it was what you said it may be. That little silver thing you talked about in the pic you posted...Well sure enought hat thing had snapped off so the clutch had nothing 2 grab and engage. The thing that sucks is that I just spent 35$ on a new diff and clutch and it turned out 2 be fine. So I just had 2 ordered a new clutch gear. I hope it gets here in time. I am moving in a week so I'll be F*C#ED if not. Gotta love RC man. Thanks for the onfo tho. After going thru all this with the tranny I could prolly take it apart with my eyes closed.

Yeah I feel you on that bro. I took mines apart twice and Im pretty sure I could fly through it also now.Lol. Im starting to get some stripped screws also. What extractor kit did you buy?