RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dubai - RC Events
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 AM
gergle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dubai - RC Events

I was involved in a club many years ago in Aus. Generally I think it will be difficult for a rc club to exist if it's purely self funded through member fee's, shop sponsorship etc.
The clubs I remember were mostly 'attached' to larger community or sport clubs. One I was involved in was attached to a sports club and another to a off road / rally club (both non profit organisations). I think there was another that was shop sponsored, but we have allready established that this is not going to work here right now.
I think the best option in Dubai would be to try and align with somewhere that has either a common interest or where we would 'add to the attraction'. Some possibilities could be Dubai Autodrome, one of the carting clubs, or somewhere that is a family oriented attraction with high level of public walk through like global village....having trouble thinking of some others but there must be some.
Of course Dubai is not Aus, so who knows what will work and what will not, but I feel that for it to have the best chance, we need to attach to an organisation where we add to the attraction, and thereby put some benifit back to that organisation through our presence. The costs for an RC facility would not be hugh, and membership fees can cover most operating costs, but for setup, we may need help.
Not sure if this helps........