RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 06:26 PM
ajk2649

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: rcphanatik

the throttle is fine when the car isn't running, but when it's running something else may be causing the problem. of course, i really cant c if the throttle is wrking right when the car is moving....it didn't act up like this with thestock radio, but with thestock radio i didn't get good enough reception (due to me acting stupid)to test the engine out with the new head on. could it be the new head (i got the new "hourglass" RB Inovations head made for the 3.3)?i guess i'll mess around with different combinations of radios and recievers until i can figure out the problem.
Yes it could deffinetly be the new head you put on. even tho it says made for the jato....Being that it is not the actual company that makes the head for the jato they could have the measurments off by a tiny bit and that will effect your engine in a big way. Also it may not be the head. when you changed your head 2 the RB head did you take the shims from the old head and put them on the new one? If not that will cause a problem and if you did use the shims then maybe they are also damaged from the high heat caused from the engine over heating and you could have an airlleak from the head. The shims adjust combustion......2 many shims and you have pre-detonation............Not enough shims and you have detonation. Both are not good. for starters if you have not already go back 2 factory setting on the carb and start from there.