RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:49 AM
chuckie099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Hi All,

Just bought the yellow / red bobcat from Colchester A1 models in the UK along with a set of spring air type retracts (although not made by spring air) Can't wait to get this thing flying! I'm going to use an ASP .62 which came out of a recently deceased WOT4.

I’ve followed the thread so far with great interest and taken on board many good tips…thanks to all!

I’ve got a question tho.. Has anyone experienced any quality issues with the airframe / wing construction (poor captive nut fitting aside) my 2 wing panels seem different towards the trailing edge close to where the booms fit. One panel has a straight trailing edge along the whole length and the other has a slight return close to the boom. Also one of the ailerons does not fit nicely, I cant get it to line up straight between the wing tip and inboard trailing edge. If I get the trailing edge of the aileron to line up with wing tip I end up with a considerable downward reflex towards the inboard trailing edge. I can go for a ‘line of best fit’ by re-hinging the aileron but the whole aileron will sit diagonally across the wing resulting in the outboard end of the aileron sitting slightly low to the bottom of the  wing and the inboard end being slightly high.

I would kike to sort this out myself, I recon it will be difficult to return the model to the shop as it is not ‘as new’.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck.