RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 03:32 AM
moparmyway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

ORIGINAL: Metallover

Jesus, that must run pretty hot... Make sure you have thermal grease/heatsink compound between your heatsink and motor. What batteries are you running?

Did you switch two of your bullet plugs for your battery and switch them with a deans? I could see that leading to cogging and motor problems...
She gets to 160 MAX if I really push it with full throttle and constant braking!!
I have zero thermal grease, the safety-wire holds the heatsink(s) down tight, and with those gears, I would know if she got hot !!
Eagletree temp sensor is epoxied to motor can on the bottom, so I can really see what happened. With single leg resistance of 0.0025, I do NOT generate alot of heat at the motor !!!

All of my electronics and batteries run CC 6.5mm bullets, so I can combine just about anything in whatever I am flying/driving

I have ZERO problems with cogging and havent had a single motor problem with the 2300......................now if we are talking tire problems, well then I got a list of what tires not to run at these power levels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Batteries are TP Pro 3850's in 6s, and I am getting 5100's (45/80c) in 6s also !!!!!