RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 06-11-2009, 09:58 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: Meyer1811

Mike,

The city park where Ifly has at least one2 .4GHz dead zone (an area where people using 2.4Ghz transmitters sometimes loose contact with there planes - has happened to me with my Spektrum several times). For that reason some folks have gone back to 73MHz. The Spectrum folks often have the problem, but then 99% of the 2.4GHz transmitters at this location are Spektrum.

When I encounter this problem, for example, my transmitter/receiver take 3 to 5 seconds to sync back up.

In your testing, have you encountered this type of problem and if so, how long does it take for the Aurora to sync back up?

Thanks,

John

I'm sure you'd rather have Mike Mayberry answer this question in-depth, but I wouldn't worry too much about the Hitec 2.4Ghz systems having the same problems that Spektrum DSM has exhibited.

Pilots at the clubs I fly at have suffered through Spektrum's receiver "brown out" problems and dangerously slow re-synching resulting in plenty of crashes. Pilots who fly JR/Spektrum and are careful with making sure their receivers have "quick link" firmware updates and use high capacity 6v receiver batteries and/or backup capacitors don't have the same issues.

The same fields have caused no particular problems for Futaba or Airtronics 2.4Ghz radio systems. Spektrum DSM/DSM2 issues have been unique and product specific. Every other radio manufacturer who has come to market after Spektrum has learned from Spektrum's mistakes. I can't imagine that Hitec will be any different, and I'm looking forward to reading about user experiences with new product line.