RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
patrick12186

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

i have been working on a brushless e-revo project for a few months now. i was usinga KD conversion chassis with the 3.3 tranny and when i tested my mamba monster on my work stand it shredded the tranny gear and make some loud noises. So i decided to replace my brand new 180$ KD chassis with the brushless e-revo chassis and tranny configuration. In the process i had to cut some zip ties and i sniped the black wire for one of my steering servos. That sucked! Now my e-revo is ready to go but i need a new steering servo. I want to upgrade to a powerful single servo steering setup and i need help in this area since i have not delt with this area much. What is the best single steering servo for the e-revo? I found this one yesterday and i am interested in it but i dont know if it is too much or what? please help?

JR Z9100HVT High Voltage Ultra Torque Servo

JRPSZ9100HVT

Brand New

Features

Specifications

Size Category:Standard
Type:Digital
Application:1/8, 1/5 on-road, off-road surface vehicles
Torque:480 oz/in (2S Li-Po)
Speed:.12 sec/60°
Dimensions (WxLxH):.82" x 1.58" x 1.57"
Weight:2.6 oz
Bushing Or Bearing:Bearing
Bearing:Dual
Motor Type:Coreless
Connector Type:JR
Gear Type:Metal
Gear Material:SuperSteel™
Voltage:7.4V (2S Li-Po)
Deadband:Surface optimized

here are a few pix of my project e-revo..i will submit some more with the e-revo chassis installed soon. Also, if anyone is interested in buying a KDchassis i will sell mine for 80$ cheaper then you can get it from the website. they run $180 but i will sell mine for 100$..it has never been used. Just setup and then take apart.

[*]Rugged new aluminum case[*]JR® SuperSteel™ gears for high precision, long wear[*]Exclusive motor designed for high voltage applications[*]Outstanding precision combined with outlandish performance[/list]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34866.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1219300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39596.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1219301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm21955.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	107.1 KB