RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI E-10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM
rag6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: rag6

Hi all. Been in the hobby for many years, but new to this site. Was thinking of picking up an E10. want to use it for both drift and parking lot bashing. I have a sidewinder/4600 combo ready for it. I will only be using 2 cell lipo. I read a few posts in this thread about plastic pinions (for the difs) may not be up to the power of bl (any steel or alum versions avail?). Like all my rides, I would like to make it durable from the getgo and not break the bank to do so. I am not concerned with bling, but if a nice alum part is the most sensible and cost effective way to achieve my goal then so be it. Was wondering of any weak points that I should address when I make my inital purchase that has not been covered in this thread already? So far I think I should get bearings for the diffs (what size?), cv axles for the front (which is best value for handling the power of the 4600?), an aluminum center drive shaft (will the stock one fail?), alum steering bellcranks and adjustable turnbuckles( what mm for camber and toe?), alum shocks, assorted 48p pinions (what is the range if the pinions that fit?), and some vintage tire/rims (will 26mm frnt/30mm rear fit?). I will purchase the assembled rx7 kit with clear body. I also have a Team Associated XP3D fm for it. Thank you for any help in advance. It will be greatly appreciated!-rag6
i havent broken anything but mine was upgraded from the start, i would reccomed before replacing anything try it, if it dies not brake dont replace it, all i reccomend is get the kit version & put it together with some TLC & fit the bearing kit (dont worry about the size just get the ones for the e10)
how about when u get it lets talk about the setup, no real poin if u dont have one yet
No real point in "having one" if it cant handle a full power holeshot with brushless. I don't like spending hours building something just to have it break the first time I get into the throttle, only to have to spend more time in dissasembly, and a week or two of downtime waiting for parts that I should have purchased from the get go. Thanks for answering the bearing question. Could someone help me with any of the others? I would appreciate it, thanks, rag6!