RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unfortunate crash video of a new DeHavilland Mosquito Twin
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 PM
cappaj1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unfortunate crash video of a new DeHavilland Mosquito Twin

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter
That is a pretty fast twin.

The camera then lost the airplane.

What are the chances of recovery ? It depends how high it was when it snapped.My airplanerecovered from a one turn spin as low as100 feet. With the Mosquito being a hotter airplane, it could take twice that amount of room.
If you look at the last pass by the trees before he flies off into the horizon for the last time, you can tell he was zipping along pretty good. I'm guessing he was going 70mph or so, and he wasn't even close to wide open with the plane. At that speed, and with the distance away he was, considering he wasn't that high, I think it'd be difficult for even the best pilots to recover. But I am new at this myself and don't know anything about twins, so I appreciate your insight.

Also, there isn't much more after the plane disappears from view, as there were literally only a couple seconds before it disappeared behind the trees. I had one more second of video before I stopped the camera which I chose not to put in the video as there were some choice words by both myself and the flyer right after it went down that are clearly on the tape. I really felt bad for this guy as it was really a nice airplane and he obviously put alot of time and money into it and was really enjoying flying it.